“Just Courage” by Gary Haugen
- International Justice Mission president Gary Haugen has found that engaging in the fight for justice is the most deeply satisfying way of life. This book shows how we too can be a part of God's great expedition. www.justcourage.com
“Not for Sale” by David Batstone
- A global survey of various forms of human slavery that exist in our world today, as well as inspiring stories of people and organizations that are part of a new generation of abolitionists. www.notforsalecampaign.org
“The Johns” by Victor Malarek
- An in-depth look at men that buy sex, who fuel the demand for women and children to be prostituted and sexually exploited.
“The Natashas” by Victor Malarek
- A disturbing, but well-researched exposé of the global sex trade. Debunks several myths about prostitution.
“Too Small To Ignore” by Wess Stafford
- A call to action on behalf of the world's poor children, from several unique perspectives. Written by the president of Compassion International, a child sponsorship organization. Stafford presents a compelling case for the benefits of investing in the lives of children, rooted deep in his own life story as a missionary kid growing up in an African village. www.toosmalltoignore.com
“Strengths Based Leadership” by Tom Rath & Barry Conchie
- One of several leadership assessment tools developed by Gallup research.
“When Helping Hurts” by Steve Corbett & Brian Fikkert
- A book for affluent people that explores best principles of responding to the needs of the world's poor. Helpful particularly for anyone planning to go on a short-term mission trip. www.whenhelpinghurts.org